March 4 through May 6- No curling April 1 (Easter) | Sundays @ 8:10p
Ice Station Valencia
We're back in Awesometown - and with the 2018 Olympics, you know we're going to be full!
Join us for a fun, open FEATURES league on Sunday nights, and enjoy a curling tradition called "broomstacking" in the bar each night! Limited to 8 teams, we will take a waitlist once we are full, and if its possible to expand the league, we will do our best to get everyone in.
While both experienced and new curlers are encouraged to sign up; all new curlers are encouraged to have previously attended a learn to curl class. Curlers may sign up as free agents or as complete teams. Regular, Platinum, or Dual Club Membership is required in order to play in this league; social members must email us to upgrade to one of these membership levels.
Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Teams may register a fifth player for no additional charge. Incomplete teams will be paired with free agents as needed. Payment is required to hold your spot. If you intend on paying by check, please indicate with your registration. Checks must be received within 5 business days of registration, or your spot may be given to a member on the wait list.
There are a few rules we need to enforce to make the sign up process fair for everyone. Help us make the process go smoothly by reading the rules below:
- Members must be in good standing in order to register.
- Payment must be received in full in order to hold your spot. If you plan on paying by check, we will hold your spot for 5 days from the date of registration. Please let us know if you'll be paying by check and we'll keep an eye out for it. If we have not received any payment after 5 days, we may release your reserved spot to the waiting list.
- Members may sign up other members, but must pay for the spot at the time of sign ups. No spot will be held without payment.
- This will be a first come, first served opportunity. Once the roster is full, we will have a 5 day grace period for final payments from all registered participants. After this grace period, we will release non-paying members, and take members from our wait list.
- Teams that don't submit a full roster at the time of registration may have a free agent assigned to their team.
- Refunds: If you need to cancel, and can do so at least 14 days prior to the start of a league, we will do our best to fill the vacant spot. Once filled, we can offer you a full refund of registration dues. If you cancel within 7 days of the event, or we are unable to fill the vacant spot, your refund may be limited to 50% and issued in the form of a credit to your membership account.
Pasadena 4 Week Spring OPEN Shorts League- Round 1
Saturdays @ 10:15pm
March 31- April 21 | Saturdays @ 10:15pm
Pasadena Ice Skating Center
300 E Green St, Pasadena CA 91101
Hey Pasadena, are you ready to rock?
Join us for a fun, open league on Saturday nights. Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you've only done one Learn to Curl! A manager's choice format, you'll be put onto teams with a mix of new and experienced curlers to ensure the best opportunity to meet new people while learning more about the sport. Want to sign up with a friend or a full team? No problem, let us know in the registration form, and we'll keep pairs and groups together whenever possible. This league is perfect for all levels, and with a schedule that's less demanding of your time, its perfect for someone needing a little more flexibility!
- Refunds: If you need to cancel, and can do so at least 14 days prior to the start of a league, we will do our best to fill the vacant spot. Once filled, we can offer you a full refund of registration dues. If you cancel within 14 days of the event, or we are unable to fill the vacant spot, your refund may be limited to 50% and issued in the form of a credit to your membership account.
Learn to curl? Check! Curling Academy? Check! (or not, that's cool too!). Witty and punny team name? Bonus points.
It's time, you're ready. Sign up for this low-key, three week beginner's focused league. You can sign up as a full team, or as an individual! Experienced curlers (more than 1 year experience) may only play this league if they sign up with three new curlers!
We will have Hollywood Curlers on hand to help with strategy, coaching, and answering questions, as well as helping people learn the flow of the game, rules, and etiquette. This is the PERFECT opportunity to put all of those new skills you gained by coming to one of our Learn to Curl classes.
So what are you waiting for?! Don't miss out on this, your first step on your path to curling greatness!
Pasadena 4 Week Spring OPEN Shorts League- Round 2
May 5- June 2 | Saturdays @ 10:15pm *No curling Memorial Day Weekend
3 Week Open Scramble League
May 20 - June 10 | Sundays @ 7:45p (No curling May 27)
Come one, come all, this league is open to all abilities, all levels of experience, and all levels of enthusiasm!
What's a scramble league? Each night, we'll reassemble the teams, mixing and matching abilities, and changing up the scoring for some fun and unexpected twists. This is a perfect opportunity for new curlers to play with our established members, and is a great way to get to know Hollywood Curling!
What have you got to lose? Sign up today, and meet some great folks, and have a beer with new friends before the game.
Links:RulesCan't commit to a league? Join our sub-list here!
Copyright 2018 Hollywood Curling | Hollywood Curling is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. P.O. Box 7872 Van Nuys, CA 91409