Pasadena Summer Tuesday Evening League
Tuesdays @ 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesdays July 9 through July 30, 2019.
Pasadena Ice Skating Center
300 E Green St, Pasadena CA 91101
Hey Pasadena, are you ready to rock? Join us for a fun, open league on Tuesday nights. Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you've only done one Learn to Curl! If you've never played in a league before, this is a great chance to try it out in a low-key environment and beat the summer heat. The summer is the only time of the year when we can get on the ice in Pasadena in prime time on a weekday, so take advantage of the opportunity!
This league will be a manager's choice format, which means you'll be put onto teams with a mix of new and experienced curlers to ensure the best opportunity to meet new people while learning more about the sport. If you want to play on a team with your friends, let us know in the registration form, and we'll keep pairs and groups together whenever possible. Everyone must still register and pay individually - don't forget to tell your teammates to register!
There are a few rules we need to enforce to make the sign up process fair for everyone. Help us make the process go smoothly by reading the rules below:
- Members must be in good standing in order to register.
- Payment must be received in full in order to hold your spot. For this league we are accepting online payments only.
- Teams that don't submit a full roster at the time of registration may have a free agent assigned to their team.
- Requests to withdraw from a league with 8+ days notice prior to start of league will be eligible for a full refund, and must be received in writing or via email. There will be NO refund for any cancellations within 7 days of the first night of league.
- Leagues that require membership will include all guests of members. Memberships may be completed online prior to or during the registration process, and must be in good standing in order to play. Failure to pay membership dues prior to the start of a league may result in forfeiture of games, suspension from league play, or other penalties.
We require that participants under the age of 12 provide their own helmets, which must be worn at all times when on the ice. 12+ helmets are recommended, but it is ultimately up to parental discretion. All minors will require parental or guardian consent at the first night of league.
Five Rock Free Guard Rule
Reflecting USA Curling and the World Curling Federation's recent rule change, this league will be subject to the 5-rock Free Guard Zone. No opponents' rocks may be eliminated from the Free Guard Zone (the area between the hog line and the tee line, excluding the house) until after 5 rocks have been delivered. More detail and strategy considerations in this blog post.