2018 Fall OPEN FEATURES 10-Week League - Valencia
Sundays at 8:15pm
September 23rd through December 16th
No league play on October 28th - come play in our Halloween Spooktacular Mini-Spiel instead!
No curling on November 11th or November 25th (Happy Thanksgiving!)
Note: The start times for Oct. 7th and Dec. 2nd may be changed to 7:45pm
Ice Station Valencia
22745 Smyth Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
Join us for a fun, open FEATURES league on Sunday nights, and enjoy a curling tradition called "broomstacking" in the bar each night! Limited to 8 teams, we will take a waitlist once we are full, and if it's possible to expand the league, we will do our best to get everyone in.
This is an open league - everyone is welcome to sign up, but you may also wish to consider our beginner's league at 6:15pm. (You can also sign up for both leagues if you want!).
Due to the expected high demand for this league, all players must register individually. This helps us ensure that membership dues are current and that Platinum members can make the most of their early signup benefit.
Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Incomplete teams will be paired with free agents as needed. Payment is required to hold your spot.
We no longer charge an extra fee for online payments, so please pay online and avoid the hassle of sending a check. Any checks must be received within 5 business days of registration, or your spot may be given to a member on the wait list.
There are a few rules we need to enforce to make the sign up process fair for everyone. Help us make the process go smoothly by reading the rules below:
- Members must be in good standing in order to register.
- Payment must be received in full in order to hold your spot. If you plan on paying by check, we will hold your spot for 5 business days from the date of registration. Please let us know if you'll be paying by check and we'll keep an eye out for it. If we have not received any payment after 5 days, we may release your reserved spot to the waiting list.
- Teams that don't submit a full roster at the time of registration may have a free agent assigned to their team.
Cancellation/Refund Policy (Updated/New!):
- Requests to withdraw from a league with 8+ days notice prior to start of league will be eligible for a full refund, and must be received in writing or via email. There will be NO refund for any cancellations within 7 days of the first night of league.
- Payment is required at the time of booking in order to secure your spot. Failure to pay prior to 7 days before the event may result in forfeiture of your registration to someone else on the waitlist.
- Leagues that require membership will include all guests of members. Memberships may be completed online prior to or during the registration process, and must be in good standing in order to play. Failure to pay membership dues prior to the start of a league may result in forfeiture of games, suspension from league play, or other penalties.
We require that participants under the age of 12 provide their own helmets, which must be worn at all times when on the ice. 12+ helmets are recommended, but it is ultimately up to parental discretion. All minors will require parental or guardian consent at the first night of league.
Five Rock Free Guard Rule
Reflecting USA Curling and the World Curling Federation's recent rule change, this league will be subject to the 5-rock Free Guard Zone. No opponents' rocks may be eliminated from the Free Guard Zone (the area between the hog line and the tee line, excluding the house) until after 5 rocks have been delivered. More detail and strategy considerations in this blog post.