This will be a hot ticket item for our bonspiel this year, and we want you, our members and followers to help us come up with a winning design! The winner of the design contest will not only have their patch realized and distributed to over 130 curlers at our bonspiel, but they will also be given five free entries into our Celebrity Charity Game raffle for the chance to play in the Celebrity Game at our Bonspiel this summer, as well as some other Hollywood Curling merchandise and swag.
Guidelines for the patch design:
- Following our theme of Summer Blockbusters, patches should capture the "Hollywood spirit", and all the glitz and glam of the film and television industry.
- Patches must be no larger than 4" in width, and 4" in height. (Patches can be any shape, not limited to standard geometric shapes.)
- Designs should be unique and simple and should be able to be easily reproduced as an embroidered patch.
- A maximum of five colours may be used, including black and white.
- Designs may incorporate existing Hollywood Curling logos. Please email us for access to those logos.
- Patches should include the following text:
2014 Summer Blockbuster Bonspiel
Submissions must be received no later than May 2, 2014
, and should be sent as a .eps or .psd file with a resolution of 300dpi.
Please submit your patch design via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the body of the email your first and last name, home mailing address, primary phone number, club affiliation (if applicable). Multiple entries will be accepted.
1. Reserve the right to not use any entries submitted for patch design.
2. Reserve the right to use any entry as the basis for patch designs in future years, whether or not there is a patch contest.
3. Will protect the integrity of the winner's design composition as much as possible. Changes may be made to assist in the production of the patch.
4. Reserve the exclusive right to authorize the reproduction of the winning design.
5. Reserves the right to all entries to be reproduced or used for promotion, including via social media, website, and other electronic means for the purpose of promoting Hollywood Curling or the Summer Blockbuster Bonspiel (current or subsequent years).
5. Are not responsible for incomplete entries, or entries that are lost, corrupted, or not able to be read.
6. Retain the right to use the applicant's name, photo and design in perpetuity for promotional or reproductive purposes.
Design entry must be contestants original creation, and may not contain any other artist's work, including copy written or plagiarized images (with the exception of existing Hollywood Curling logos).